ive been in a funk, in an uninspired downward slope in regards to creativity. i feel creatively oppressed. yes. i dont know why or how to get out of it. dont like it one bit.
anyway this pic that my bf took kinda sums it up.
- mood: cynical
- sounds:feist (girl in ipod commercial)
and finally showed my coco the movie magnolia. am downloading death to smoochy to show him too, as i am always referring to myself as smoochy and stating death to smoochy whenever something bad happens.
- mood: busy
no more! sure a "hogwarts a history" encyclopedia pending. but what else!?
i am so sadddddddd.
but i loved the book
but i am so sadddddddd.
i must restrain from writing spoilers!!! how difficult it is....
double scoop poop.
oh the potter release party!!!! i forgot to post pictures!
here's the countdown!!!!
here's one for now...oh yes there are more where this came from...!
bellatrix is I and gricel is the tonks! and my buddy javi is a random slytherin!
- mood: naughty
- sounds:kronos quartet
ok so i loved the movie, and despite the fact they cut out what almost felt like 1/2 the book! but i've come to expect that. i can deal with it...my dearie gricel and i had loads of self-inflicted fun....
and NEXT....LO! And BEHOLD!
7-20, Friday....'tis time for the DEATHLY HALLOWS!
there will be much partying and dress up like always but better!!! MUCH better.
this year, i will be
BELLATRIX. yes....Bella the nutter!
now on to find the waist cincher she wears ;)
- lost!:at my coco's
- mood: bouncy
- sounds:pulp- different class
on another note, just got back from la-la-land once again. visited my friend who moved up there w/ her boyfriend. who i think is gonna probably end up coming back because i dont know how he will handle her bossiness...but w/e. haha. free place to stay in south pasadena.
we did less touristy hollywood stuff and more mountain hiking stuff. imagine looking a few inches to your right and seeing a steep slope all the way to the bottom of a 2000 ft hill... :P
it was both scary and refreshing. me and nature are good together...
( hereCollapse )
- mood: naughty
- sounds:rain, rain, & more rain
so this is what i do to make up for it.
i know you'll love me for it!
stolen from: scurvee
1. In two words, explain what ended your last relationship.
2. What question is missing from this meme.
oh, definitely "if you were a turnip, where would you like to grow?"
3. What were you doing at 8am this morning?
trying to wake up! wtf!
4. What were you doing 45 minutes ago?
eating penne pasta w/ pink sauce. and chickens
5. Are you any good at math?
more than i'd like
6. Your prom night?
was non-exsistent, my private school didnt hold them. we did a senior trip instead.
7. Do you have any famous ancestors?
yes, so the tale goes that me irish grandpappy, william patrick, opened the first library in St. Augustine, FL. (yea, still havent visited him there)
8. What kind of car do you drive?
2004 honda element
9. Do you know the words to the song on your myspace profile?
har har har, i sadly do....
10. Last thing received in the mail?
a Victoria secret mag, with yet another damn sale.
11. How many different beverages have you drank today?
12. Do you ever leave messages on people's answering machines?
i hate them! no!
13. Who was your first boy/girlfriend?
someone unofficially that.
14. Do you draw your name in the sand when you go to the beach?
nah, i draw other odd things
15. Is there anything seriously bothering you?
yes...............what> you want me to write it! wtf
16. What is out your back door?
17. Plans for tonight?
i will celebrate 3 mo's of dating w/ my juju at an indian bistro...
18. Do you like the ocean?
yes, & it likes me too
19. Have you ever received one of those big tins of 3 different kinds of popcorn?
hell no! people know better than to give me that !
20. Have you ever been to a planetarium?
21. Do you fancy or love anyone in your top 8 on myspace?
"Oh yeah, and I’m 16 years old, too."---HAHAHAHA
22. Something you are excited about?
23. Favorite color?
24. Are any of your great-grandparents still alive?
25. Describe your key chain?
the molten clock, from the Dali museum
26. Where do you keep your change?
in my happy little wallet
27. When was the last time you spoke in front of a large group of people?
its been a while, dont recall
28. What kind of winter coat do you have?
i love my green Guess army type wool coat :)
29. Do you sleep with the door to your room open or closed?
dont have a room door.
30. Who did you last text and why?
i think Gricel yesterday, to ask if the bomb had detonated! hahaha
- mood: bored
- sounds:radiohead= idioteque
- ...because i am feeling the need to get organized....
- $65 for local phone service! BAH! that's it, no more landline- its useless. i will keep cell phone and finito!
- the new Arcade Fire and Bloc Party cd's are very cool...
- its a disquieting feeling expressing yourself to someone when you dont know how to "say it"
- its even worse when their response is not exactly what you want to hear
- "i dont know what i have learned in the last two months"; does that mean:
- i dont think about those things or
- i dont know how to put them into words?
- its hard guessing someone else's intentions, emotions, feelings, gestures- and not taking them personal
- in the show 24- Jack Bauer & the Russian (boris!) have MY cell phone. HAH
- im tired of driving around for work.
- mood: confused
- sounds:arcade fire- black mirror
I never leave the house without: purse
__________ scare me: clowns
I hate people who: are totally oblivious to others
I don't understand: people choosing to be ignorant
I am: okay
I don't like: rainstorms when im driving
I want to __________ before I die: visit Ireland
I can't: seem to completely trust people sometimes
My eyes are: green
I have: a happy little british ipod that i luv
I like: bubble baths
I don't: eat shit
I am grateful for: not being taken for granted
I love: coconuts
I am: a silly sod
I should: get back to work! indeed!
I believe in:
I want: a nice long vacation
I have never: jumped off a cliff
I used to: be so quiet
- mood: relaxed
- sounds:stone roses
well i was VERY FRIGGIN' DISAPPOINTED!!!!
SIGUR ROS, I WILL KILL YOU! NO, I WILL KILL MERCE CUNNINGHAM FOR FALSE ADVERTISING!
ok, the first half of the choreographed dance was a'ight., the second half, based on spontaneous events like a theory out of a statistics book, was chosen randomly by Sr. Cunningham by rolling a dice.
sigur ros was chosen first, radiohead music second.
we all thought that sigur ros would be playing on the stage w/ the dancers infront or so.
THIS WAS NOT THE CASE.
i had to "figure out" that sigur ros was sitting by the front row with a few computers.
no instruments, nothing. just sampling their old music ( Ba Ba/Ti Ki/Di Do EP stuff). so the music was good, but i didnt see anything special to them being there, they coulda just sent a cd in their place.
the thing is, they advertised it all over with "SEE SIGUR ROS PERFORM LIVE". misleading to get their crowd to come. most people there were there to see them anyway!
and the dance, OMG the dance. it was GRUELING!
ok, i was trying and trying to figure out some artsy fartsy meaning to it, "well it represents the soul and life and growth and ..." BS! its nothing but a few dancers in leotards doing Tai-Chi.
i was so upset.
so afterwards i had a shot of something strong.
anyway, we all had fun making fun of it.
it was way to pretentious for my taste and i consider myself quite open-minded to the world of new arts.
not to mention i'd been waiting for this show since last year June.
- lost!:office downtown
- mood: bitchy
its been way too long since ive posted.
and this post will be quite short as i have to get ready for [get ready for this] SIGUR ROS!!!! yes, they are performing in miami for the Merce Cunningham dance ensemble at the Carnival Center.
yayyynesss doesnt even explain it.
so they are playing the dance score live, all new original tracks. and Radiohead recorded the second half of the score, but unfortunately they wont be there...
but still!!! it should be magical.
and i am now w/ wet hair and hunger pangs.
i shall retire until further notice.
- mood: excited
now im just watching some grey's anatomy and desperate housewives re-runs on abc. to then continue reading my loverly "twilight" book, loving the vampire. makes me want to take out my bela lugosi dracula dvd...hm, maybe later?
tomorrow is Spamalot! the musical. YAY for pythonian silliness...
perhaps i will find out the air speed velocity of a unlaiden swallow? =>]
so here's a small pic of my chooka Scully, as you can see this is what happens when i "try" to be productive and catch up with work case notes...damn, these paper-lovin' felines!
- mood: drained
- sounds:tori amos- oh these little earthquakes
you get even less than you settled for."
i need to appreciate the small things.
now i just need to tell my head to stop asking "why" & saying "its not fair" 1,342 times each day.
- mood: refreshed
- sounds:the tea party
Rules: Use the 1st letter of your name to answer each of the following...They MUST be real places, names, things...NOTHING made up! If you can't think of anything, skip it. Try to use different answers if the person in front of you had the same 1st initial. You CAN'T use your name for the boy/girl name question.
My Name is: EMERY
1. Athlete: emmitt smith
2. 4 letter word: even
3. Street name: elm
4. Color: ebony
5. Gifts/presents: earrings
6. Vehicles: Elfin (australia!)
7. Tropical Location: ?
8. College Majors: Engineering
9. Dairy Products: eese(ch)
10. Things in a Souvenir Shop: egg timers w/ city name HAHAHA
11. Boy Name: eomer :)
12. Girl Name: eowyn :)
13. Movie Title: eternal sunshine of a spotless mind
14. Beers: erdinger (GER)
15. Occupations: electrician
16. Flowers: english bull's eye (real plant!)
17. Celebrities: emilio estevez
18. Magazine: ELLE
19. U.S. Cities: englewood
20. Pro Sports: ELEPHANT POLO! seriously!
(ok, so i got a little help from wikipedia.com! hee hee)
- mood: hungry
|Your New Year's Resolutions|
1) Get a pet bunny
2) Eat more whipped cream
3) Travel to Brazil
4) Study time travel
5) Get in shape with naked yoga
|You Were a Little Naughty This Year!|
While you're not likely to greet Santa with sucker punch...
He's still not too jolly about coming to your house.
You might get a small token from Mr. Claus
Like some detox pills for your liver.
- mood: pessimistic
as of last Thursday, dec. 21, im 29.
i got one random birthday wish. thanks whoever that was :)
my last year in the twenties. that is a friggin' scary thought.
geesh. i dont feel old. but numbers dont help.
right now im having issues w/ my mp3 player. i hate synchronizing. arghhhh
by the way, its not good to go shopping when one is depressed. not good at all! ha
i have no more room in my closet...
I FORGOT to rant about: HARRY POTTER AND THE DEADLY HALLOWS! (jkr gave me a bday present!)
has anyone see the OotP trailer? well, i just saw this on imdb.com and its just NOT FAIR! hahah
i have nothing else for now.
& to everyone here,
Happy _______________ (fill it in)... =D
- mood: moody
- sounds:the cure- pornography
"need to wash my hair today"
2. How much cash do you have on you?
$3.51 me thinks
3. What's a word that rhymes with DOOR?
4. Favorite planet?
saturn & its rings
5. Who is the 4th person on your missed call list on your cell phone?
definitely alf. ignoring calls
6. What is your favorite ring tone on your phone?
darth vader's voice: "the dark side of the force is calling (followed by darth-breathing)"
7. What shirt are you wearing?
new balance sports bra
8. Do you label yourself?
9. Name the brand of your shoes you're currently wearing?
10. Bright or Dark Room?
11. What do you think about the person who took this survey before you?
12. What does your watch look like?
i dont really wear it regularly, but the only "active" one i have is a harry potter purple watch
13. What were you doing at midnight last night?
getting out of the theatre, saw Grudge 2
14. What did your last text message you received on your cell say?
15. Where is your nearest 7-11?
about 1/2 mile?
16. What's a word that you say a lot?
17. Who told you he/she loved you last?
18. Last furry thing you touched?
Ariel, who is standing on the right of my laptop oddly staring at me
19. How many drugs have you done in the last three days?
20. How many rolls of toilet paper do you currently have in the house?
21. Favorite age you have been so far?
23 & 25 was cool.
22. Your worst enemy?
no one really
23. What is your current desktop picture?
two wierd one-eyed characters from a wallpaper i got off a deviantart buddy
24. What was the last thing you said to someone?
in spanish "yea mom, dont worry...ok...bye"
25. If you had to choose between a million bucks or to be able to fly what would it be?
FLY. cuz then i'd be the only one who could do it AND i'd be able to market it for a BILLION! *how entrepreneurial*
26. Do you like someone?
i like my friends :)
27. The last song you listened to?
why are you looking grave? MEW
28. What time of day were you born?
29. What's your favorite number?
30. Where did you live in 1987?
31. Are you jealous of anyone?
not jealous, but im often envious of other people's lives. wish i could do this and that. etc.
32. Is anyone jealous of you?
33. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
my office @ work, listening to news radio coincidentally.
34. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
complain to myself; try to tap the coin thing a bit...
35. Do you consider yourself kind?
yes, usually too kind for my own good
36. If you had to get a tattoo, where would it be?
i had a fascination to get one on my left index finger of a G-Clef.
37. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
38. Would you move for the person you loved?
39. Are you touchy feely?
i can be, if the other person is receptive
40. What's your life motto?
right now its too negative to jot down. i dont want to bring anyone down
41. Name three things that you have on you at all times?
cell, wallet, hair band
42. What's your favorite town/city?
london, colorado springs, pasadena
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
jewelry at claire's last night
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it?
pfff, dont even remember. i mailed a document...does that count?
45. Can you change the oil on a car?
i think i could if i was supervised. my dad tried to teach me a few times
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her?
still dating a girl for 4 years.
47. How far back do you know about your ancestry?
the 1800's in Dublin, Ireland.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy?
dinner party @ italian restaurant in Pasadena [not toooo fancy]
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now?
50. Have you been burned by love?
BURNNNNN. OH YEA. IM AN ASH RIGHT NOW.
- mood: blah
OH MY--- oh my--- OH MY!
.....Disney announced earlier this year that it planned to bring "Nightmare [before Christmas]" back to the big screen — it arrives in select theaters October 20 in a fancy, digital 3-D format — the logical decision was to reach out to some of those bands to supply music for the film.
As it turns out, a whole lot of them were more than happy to comply. Fall Out Boy, Panic! at the Disco, Marilyn Manson, Fiona Apple and She Wants Revenge will all appear on a special two-disc edition of the "Nightmare" soundtrack, contributing cover versions of songs featured in the film. The double-disc set will hit stores October 24.
im happy about this in the soundtrack re-release too: Fiona Apple covers "Sally's Song," while She Wants Revenge covers "Kidnap the Sandy Claws."
"this will be the best Halloween YET!"
- lost!:miami-dade college library
- mood: giddy
- sounds:Doves- pounding
lots going on. too little time for anything. kinda sucks. but its alright.
got a new mp3 player about a week 1/2 ago, the creative Zen vision M, 30 gigs w/ video/pics/FM radio, etc.... & not bad price either.
their program is WAY better than iTunes. i have a Shuffle and i HATED the program...ugh! this one's more compatible with windows and quick quick quick!
and i am in total Halloween mood. i dont know why, but i feel like wearing a costume every weekend until then. why cant people wear costumes at all times? why just in late October? ack!
im also redying my hair black for the occasion. what the hell.
i get bored to quickly.
gotta have a theme. goth it will be.
oh, music lovers out there, check out this band:
M E W (yea, mew. not to be confused with cat language)
they have fantastically delicious tunes...
- mood: lazy
- sounds:the raconteurs
in the past it was to publish a book of poems, then i did lyrics for a long time, and now i want to write a children's book.
but not just any cheesy children's book (cuz i've seen so many of those that dont even attract me, who is still a 'toys-r-us-kid')
so i want to set one up that encourages kids to create art, music, anything; that can be therapeutic (maybe even a series of "kids-issues"), and can still be silly.
plus i want to illustrate it myself.
but i want it to be kind of dark and twisted ala Tim Burton (oyster boy) & Tony DiTerlizzi (spiderwick chronicles)
something dark, but cute.
is this too much?
well either way, its what i'd read. as a kiddo i never liked the flashy bright colored books and always gravitated to the somber wierdo books- LIKE I STILL DO- so this idea should go to all the kiddos like me.
so where to start?
ive looked up a few websites- but some are too cheesy. ANYONE HAVE ANY GOOD LINKS?
for now, i'll just start with some sketches and see where it goes. i welcome any suggestions or ideas from all my fellow artistes, writers, creators of the sort. =}
- lost!:rainy home
- mood: hopeful
- sounds:raindrops on grasses...
and im now watching the Birdcage with the boys. who seem to enjoy the gayness a bit too much! haha
its funny hearing them imitate the "voice" so accurately, makes me wonder sometimes ;)
im not much into posting this month, havent been online much.
and my nose is stuffed up and i have a serious allergy/sinus thing going on ever since i returned from Cafe Toyko where they had a pumped up "Plug-In" by my table. well, it "plugged me", get it? nudge nudge, wink wink? say no more? say no more?
- mood: blah
"...sit please, wow--------wowee wow wow wow
i never seen that from this angle...nice
may i take photograph?
simple photograph? be so kind, please
wonderful. now take your top off...ah?
only kidding, so silly...that is unless you would like to? no? ah, ok.
ah did you see my painting? i bought it from target...
wait!i never would slip you mickey, it is merely rhinocerous horn, this makes the champagne bubble!"
watch the SNL Christopher Walken special dvd...
"chamapagne? caviar? wait!"
- mood: silly
- sounds:walken speaks...
its been a while. im home early today, had a few client no-shows. work is going well. quite busy and disorganized because i have to reschedule 18 clients now that school is starting. so i have to see 'em there.
and i dont have much to write about but felt obliged to do so.
lemme leave a photo then
- mood: weird
- sounds:alf speaking nonsense
its been a hell of a week.
i might as well spare you the boring details.
bad thing: had to decide to put down a little cat i'd been taking care of for 3 years. she had leukemia and she just got really really sick out of nowhere. so that was done. it was very very hard and very very sad.
that was exactly a week (to the hour!) after my bf had to put down his doggie of 13 years. gawsh. we've been pet grieving for over a week now.
oh, we saw monster house to cheer us up a bit. it was fun.
v for vendetta comes out this tuesday to dvd. and so does the action figure- that will be all i look forward to this week.
ok, mom's birdie is chopping off bits of my sandals so i must go discipline...stroppy wee chirp.
- lost!:mom's house
- mood: melancholy
- sounds:squeaking and singing birdies
client coordination went ok, its a bit annoying really- to set up intake appts, follow-up on started clients, get the timing, directions, and approach together. ack!
& im working my f/t and the evening p/t running groups with parents/kids on safety. its fun, but hectic driving from work#1 to work #2. sheesh! im so tired!
sad thing, alf's little doggie had to be put down. she got really sick out of nowhere. she was a mix breed, & already 12 or 13 y/o. poor baby.
it was so sad to visit the vet and see her there all sad, she barely had the energy to get up and greet us. i couldnt bare to watch the procedure, but i know she's in pet heaven. :-(
i have a kitty outside, pipsqueak, that's not doing too good as well. but a funny thing, i found her hiding in a meter hole in the yard. new home me thinks! she's just not eating too much. i get worried for her.
oh, i saw 'Lady in the Water'! i loved it but then again im one of the few who loved 'The Village'. i love M.Night's movies all in all. but this one's more of a fairytale bedtime story.
it was great...
got my oil change and stuff cleaned out- apparently i need 2 new front tires. woo hoo. here goes a nice chunka-change: $200-300.
alright. i need to take a nap. (i sound like im 50)!
lets see if i have time to post again this week- i havent even had time to check emails daily like i used to!
TUESDAY: HARRY POTTER AND THE HALF BLOOD PRINCE
I GET TO REREAD W/O CONCERN OF MESSING UP COVER!!! :P
- mood: exhausted
- sounds:air conditioner buzz
new job going good- child/family therapy is quite a handful, not to mention the paperwork of setting up a new caseload. geesh!
dyed hair black again---need to cut it
driving like madwoman in mad traffic- and it sucks ye royal arse
i just want to shower right now and take a nap
tired tired tired
i love fig newmans. the alternative to the newton.
and i want some thai donuts but im not in the mood to call a to-go order
i loved the new pirates movie, quite funny but way too slimey
nacho is well, too mexican! haha- silly enough tho
- mood: bouncy
- sounds:simpson's log song
uneventful day so far- watching wimbledon, having cereal for breakfast whilst Axl the fat cat is on top of me trying to get an inch so he can have it instead. he's so persistent! he'll get a little spoonful of milk when im done.
we're gonna watch the Miami FC -futbol club- playoffs game (USL, not MLS), followed by fireworks at the park. should be fun.
tonite we plan to watch the GER v. ITA game at 2pm @ the Firkin & Friar pub, a supposedly new English pub down here in Coconut Grove [your typical touristy area]. who knew? better be semi-authentic, at least with the food...
for some reason, ive been on a Spamalot mood lately, ive been watching everything i have from Monty Python for the past week...to the point im learning songs & lines!...say no more! say no more! knowhatimean! a nod's as good as a wink to a blind bat!
har har har!
i dont know what else to write at the moment;
oh my hair is "back in black!"... got bored of red. ill try for some pics perhaps...
- mood: lethargic
- sounds:bouncy bouncy tennis balls